- Question: How do the ingredients in e-cigarettes and vaporizers affect respiratory health? - August 16, 2019
- Bad Technique and Vocal Injury - January 9, 2019
- Is Edible Marijuana Dangerous for the Voice? Myths Dispelled - December 18, 2018
- Surprise! You have a hemorrhage - January 31, 2018
- Graves’ Disease: Treatment Overview - September 25, 2017
- Adele and the Stigma of Vocal Injury - July 11, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How does the thyroid affect the voice? - May 16, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How do hormones affect the voice? - May 3, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How do emotion and stress affect the voice? - April 17, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: Vocal Recovery After Illness - April 7, 2017
On Saturday, April 26, 2014, Dr. Reena Gupta and her team performed free vocal screenings, including videostrobosocpy, to over 20 performing artists. The event, coordinate with MusiCares and The Recording Academy, was held at the Osborne Head and Neck Institute in Los Angeles, CA.
The event was held in honor of World Voice Day, in an effort to promote injury prevention for the voice. Many singers do not have access to high-end videostroboscopy, and therefore may not get the quality care they need. This event provided the artists with an understanding of their voice, injury, and the quality diagnostics that are needed to ensure appropriate voice care.
Dr. Gupta and her team, including vocal therapist, Amy Chapman, and Alex Fernandez were honored to be asked to perform this vital service to the singing community.
Voice Screening Feedback
Amazing! My mind is at ease knowing I can get support for my voice.
Thank you for your kindness and making my visit simple yet informative and fast.
All the best,
The vocal screening process is the least painful and stressful I’ve ever experienced.
Knowledge is power and Dr. Gupta and her team empower you to take control of your instrument.