- Question: How do the ingredients in e-cigarettes and vaporizers affect respiratory health? - August 16, 2019
- Bad Technique and Vocal Injury - January 9, 2019
- Is Edible Marijuana Dangerous for the Voice? Myths Dispelled - December 18, 2018
- Surprise! You have a hemorrhage - January 31, 2018
- Graves’ Disease: Treatment Overview - September 25, 2017
- Adele and the Stigma of Vocal Injury - July 11, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How does the thyroid affect the voice? - May 16, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How do hormones affect the voice? - May 3, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How do emotion and stress affect the voice? - April 17, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: Vocal Recovery After Illness - April 7, 2017
MusiCares Health and Resource Fair
Saturday, October 29th
12pm-3pm (check-in opens at 11:45am)
The Recording Academy
3030 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica 90404
MusiCares is proud to host a free health and resource fair for music professionals in the Los Angeles Area. The day will feature presentations and valuable resources selected to assist artists with improving their personal and professional well-being.
Topics will include IRS and tax issues for individuals and small businesses, social media marketing, securing affordable health insurance, resume and career building, as well as a vocal health presentation by voice expert Lisa Popeil, MFA.
Representatives from a variety of health care fields and small business organizations will also be available to answer questions and provide information and services to attendees. Free and open to the public.
RSVP’s for featured presentations encouraged due to limited seating.
RSVP online at: http://musicareshealthfair2011.eventbrite.com/ or call 800.687.4227.
Free parking and Halloween treats provided.
Workshops & more
12:00-1:00pm- Vocal Health: Tools and Techniques with Lisa Popeil, MFA
1:00-2:00pm- IRS and Tax Issues for Individuals & Small Businesses
2:00-3:00pm- Social Media Marketing: “How to Navigate the Social Economy”
12pm, 1pm, 2pm- “Getting and Keeping Affordable Health Insurance”
1:30pm- Resume Writing 2:30pm- Career Building
1:30pm- “Rapid Rockstar Repair: Drug Free Nutrition for Hi-Octane Performances!”
12-3pm- Hearing Testing
12-3pm- Chair Massage
Yoga demonstrations throughout the day
Plus, vocal health exam demos by laryngologist Reena Gupta, MD
*Seating for the presentations is limited. Line up subject to change.
Health & Resource Fair
To learn more about Dr. Reena Gupta or other voice-related events, visit: http://www.voicedoctorla.com/
Contact a Physician at Osborne Head & Neck Institute
If you would like to speak with one of our physicians regarding this issue or another ear, nose, throat problem; or have other questions or concerns, please complete the contact form below or call us at 310-657-0123.