- Question: How do the ingredients in e-cigarettes and vaporizers affect respiratory health? - August 16, 2019
- Bad Technique and Vocal Injury - January 9, 2019
- Is Edible Marijuana Dangerous for the Voice? Myths Dispelled - December 18, 2018
- Surprise! You have a hemorrhage - January 31, 2018
- Graves’ Disease: Treatment Overview - September 25, 2017
- Adele and the Stigma of Vocal Injury - July 11, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How does the thyroid affect the voice? - May 16, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How do hormones affect the voice? - May 3, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: How do emotion and stress affect the voice? - April 17, 2017
- Vocal Curbside Consult: Vocal Recovery After Illness - April 7, 2017
Recently, I was interviewed by Carson Daly on 97.1 AMP radio. The topic was injured singers. It’s been an increasingly important issue, given all the prominent singers who have recently been brought down by vocal injury.
The major issue we addressed is why singers are needing surgery more often than they used to. The central issue, is that singers do not seek preventative care. They wait until something goes wrong to check their voices out. At that point, it is usually too late.
We also discussed the impact of smoking, drinking, and other vocally destructive habits.
The cases of Keith Urban, John Mayer, and Adele were analyzed. Will they recover from their injuries to be able to sing again?
To listen to the full interview, play the video below. Hear about:
• Preventative voice care
• Bad vocal habits
• Keith Urban
• John Mayer
To learn more about Dr. Reena Gupta or vocal injuries, visit: www.voicedoctorla.com